This sea bass dish incorporates healthy fats within a balanced meal. It is quick and easy to make so is the perfect mid-week dinner. It also works well with other types of fish such as trout, mackerel or salmon (though you may need to adjust the cooking time).
2 seabass fillets (approximately 200g)
1xtablespoons of olive oil
Slice of lemon
Salt and pepper, freshly ground
6-8 new potatoes
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, washed and chopped
2 handfuls of green beans
- Wash the potatoes and add to a pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes or until they are soft.
- Meanwhile prepare the other vegetables. Peel and chop the carrots. Wash and slice the beans.
- Place them in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer with the lid on for 8 minutes.
- Lastly prepare the fish. Season it with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan to a medium heat.
- Fry the fish for about 4 minutes each side.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze the lemon over the top.
- Drain the potatoes. Add a couple of knobs of butter and the chopped parsley. Toss the potatoes around in the butter and parsley to cover them.
- Drain the beans and carrots.
- Serve on warmed plates.